Eight Tenets of Financial Life Planning
- Life is about change. The purpose of Financial Life Planning is to facilitate successful transitions.
- Each person's life is a continuum of unique experiences. Life experience greatly influences how an individual perceives and responds to change.
- Each person's life course is unique. In the past, most transitions were age-graded and occurred during predictable times in the life span. Today, either by chance or by choice, most individuals are following an unconventional life course.
- An adult's orientation to learning is life centered. To engage adults in understanding a product, service, or process, they must see the relevancy or direct application to their own lives.
- Adults have a strong need to be self-directing. Most individuals want to feel in control of their lives. The Financial Life Planning approach seeks to empower individuals to make wise financial decisions and to develop a sense of mastery in this area of life.
- Adults desire balance and meaning in their lives. The Financial Life Planning approach helps individuals to clarify goals in all areas of life and to design a financial strategy to support those goals.
- Each person's internal compass (values & priorities) guides both the big and little decisions of life. Financial Life Planners will help clients identify their values and priorities in all areas of life, and then guide them in making financial decisions that are in sync with those values and priorities.
- Successful financial education and communications is built on asking the right questions. Good communication is more about listening than it is about talking. The goal of Financial Life Planners is to really get to know the individuals they work with in order to tailor advice to each person's unique set of circumstances, goals, values, and priorities
After taking a close look at your existing circumstances a trained professional will help you identify your goals. The advisor will create a plan that considers all of the financial aspects of your unique situation.